There are four dimensions of human life. We are…
Christian counselors have the unique advantage of being able to approach issues holistically based on these dimensions. Many other disciplines will not consider that spiritual dimension.
A thorough biblical understanding of humanity protects us from simplistic reductions because we know that God has made humans as physical, social, psychological and spiritual beings.
A biblically-based holistic approach to counseling respects all dimensions of personhood created by God in the full context of a narrative of creation, fall, redemption, sanctification and final restoration.
Benefits of Christian Counseling are 5-fold.
1. It recognizes a higher authority. God’s Word is inerrant and provides principles that can lead clients to enjoy the abundant life Jesus spoke of in scripture. We cannot rely on our own strength, but the strength that God Himself provides.
2. Christian counseling accepts absolute truth. Christian counselors know the human heart can be deceitful and shouldn’t be trusted. Christian counselors help clients to apply the guiding principles and truths of God’s Word. Using Biblical Truth Christian counselors will help you prioritize and achieve desired changes in your life.
3. Christian counseling has a higher goal, not just to be happy but to help clients in their pursuit of God and meaningful and purposeful life. receiving God’s forgiveness, mercy, grace, and unconditional love as well as extending it to others is freeing.
4. Christian counseling offers real healing. Deep emotional wounds can be accomplished with any counselor. Spiritual wounds, however, are just as important, if not more so. Christian counseling can bring the client into a closer relationship with God where real healing can take place.
5. Christian counseling offers real hope. Who one puts there hope in makes the difference between true healing or not. Having an eternal perspective is key.